Sunday, October 11, 2015

About This Dream I Had

First of all, I lived in a very big, spacious house. Tell me, where was I getting that money, Emily Thorn?
There I was, with a big ol' master bedroom and some kind of solo status 'cause Tom and I were no longer together. In the midst of this single life, I slept with some guy; he wasn't my type, either - short, sandy hair with a body and tan one tends to get from landscaping or surfing or something.
I wasn't interested in having a relationship with this new dude, but soon learned he wasn't going to be easy to get rid of. You see, a week or two into our acquaintance, he brought his instability out of the box, letting himself into my house one night, uninvited, to stay over. Of course I freaked. I badgered him for the source of his easy access and thankfully, he handed it over - a key. He somehow had gotten hold of my spare key. Once I got him to leave again, he may have pressured me to keep him in my life (if I'm remembering the dream correctly). I think he got all, "When are you gonna call?"
I don't remember my reply.
Ugh. So weird. Is my brain entertaining itself with manufactured soapy drama? There are other parts of my life that are only what'd I'd call okay for the time being, but in the relationship department, it's healthy, it's going smoothly, so maybe my repeatedly binge-watching How to Get Away With Murder is catching up with me. 
After all, the dramatic dream didn't end there: Apparently, my palatial pad had a revolving door, because suddenly Tom was in the house, spending the night, and I insisted he take the spare bed in my master room, which was bizarre in itself, but for him to agree to that, you know I was dreaming. Unstable Fling snuck in again, was shut down for trying to sleep in the guest room, and came into my space to point at Tom and ask, "When was the last time you hooked up with him?" and when we might "both get drunk" and do it again?
I didn't want to answer that, first of all, and I couldn't think of a response. This new guy had to friggin' go, and his aggressive desire to make a sequel of what I saw as a one-night stand was just hideous. I am so glad my life's not that kind of messy, but, um...what the hell was that?

No comments:

Post a Comment