Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Kill, Marry, Bang: 'How to Get Away With Murder' Edition

I enjoy this show in ways that I couldn't do with Revenge, that particular style of soap having too many suds for my taste, like Victoria Grayson's biological son, a stripper being paid to lie to David, a lot of characters with no chemistry claiming to love each other, blah, blah. American Horror Story hasn't premiered its latest season yet, I didn't want the medical jargon and beeping machines of something like Grey's Anatomy, and as I already implied, Revenge lost my interest after a while. I came back to it just days ago to skip around episodes on Netflix...and put it aside to try the Ali Larter/Sean Bean show Legends. 
Because I had been binge-watching the following show repeatedly and seem to have gotten into a brief love affair with using italics, I want you to know that I'm also watching How to Get Away With Murder. I love the way the show gives you both individual cases and pieces per episode of a big, juicy story of one man's death is so cool to me; Why aren't I already a TV writer? I could hang out in a room with the people behind stuff like that!
Anyway, part of how I'm expelling How to Get Away With Murder from my short-term memory is through this  MarryKillBang post.

I might...   

Bang: Frank. Definitely Frank. Attractive, hardworking, driven, bearded. For Frank to be in a more-than-sex thing with a woman, it may be more successful if she worked in a drastically different field than that of law, complicated tit-for-tat and the occasional murder. I am still asking myself about how the guy makes his money. I'm assuming he's an associate in Annalise's firm, but he's obviously a finder and fixer too. One can't blame one of the interning law students for thinking he was a hit man. And of course sleeping with someone who wasn't one of his boss's students would be a welcome change.
Laurel though. Come on. All she appears to have with him is a physical thing, but the chemistry leaves room for development down the line. As much as Laurel has jerked him around, remember this: When a busy mom in season one, episode eight had the whole legal team in her kitchen to talk about her taking the stand at her own murder trial, she wasted time yakking into a phone about her daughter's birthday party, and in the middle of that nonsense, Frank tilted his head down to Laurel's ear and muttered, "This could take a while. Wanna sneak upstairs?" That's enjoyable TV.

Marry: Bonnie. Look at her practicality, all of the fierce alpha strength living inside of a skinny, blonde body. I'm assuming she would be good with money. The notes about cases she assists with and bills she must pay have to be as meticulously kept as those high end outfits of hers. Because she and I are both straight (or, at least in her case, straight so far, since we're just one season along), I'd have to bring some significant things to the marriage of convenience, but...she'd get things done and have so much more money than me. She'd be my tough, lipstick-wearing provider, my sometimes downright unpleasant caretaker with a sour expression to top off her high-neck collars and pencil skirts. I choose her.
Or Asher...because a guy like that is so my opposite we'd repel each other, but at this point, he is undeniably decent and adorable and just cute to look at, so...the son of a rich couple can take along to summer in Kennebunkport and I'd be the weird woman nobody thought he'd marry but I'd make him proud. 
Wait, no. No! I Know who'd marry! Forget those two law-loving boneheads! I'd marry the cat-obsessed lady from the brokerage firm! YES! She's the one for me! Her jokes referencing body parts and women's rights and Asher's personality were so funny! I'm down with the class clown, the one glaring at the glass ceiling just inches above her curly hair. We could have a happily ridiculous marriage. If she allowed a dog or two in the house, otherwise forget it.

Kill: The D.A., the one who showed up at Annalise's home to be an A-hole and taunt her after cops found her husband's remains. That was a moment the D.A. clearly created, pouncing with her claws out. I had to do away with somebody in this game, so I'm goin' with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment