Sunday, May 21, 2017

'Managed' by Kristen Callihan, a Book Review





I love this book. It hooked me right away with how fun Sophie, the protagonist, was. She was a very likable type of spunky, as well as pretty, talented, with a career in progress. A realistic element of her personality was her uncertainty about what to aim for and what she might be best at.
She was someone I would like to hang out with.

Then there was the amusing way in which she met a guy named Gabriel Scott, known professionally and by his friends, the band he managed, as Scottie. The man appeared to be so controlled, uptight and distrustful, but he was also passionate - about his work, loyalty to friends, and eventually to a woman, the only one who could really see and appreciate him.

The sex scenes were hot, too, with just the right adjectives and quality of writing so that I could hear the sounds and live vicariously through the characters how I wanted to and have it all resonate with me later.  Part of why these scenes work is because I love this couple. I rooted for them, and thanks to the miracle of romantic fiction, they had a great language and comfort level for talking during the foreplay and the act itself; their chemistry felt natural.

Author Kristen Callihan did a fantastic job of giving us interesting characters to follow, people I can root for, people who have the best chemistry and care deeply about each other.






No comments:

Post a Comment