Monday, June 4, 2018

About This Dream I Had (the Melting Man)

On May 5th, I had an odd dream that included Snoop Dogg on a talk show.



As much as it surprised me in waking life, Snoop Dogg - a very talented, famous hip hop artist I don't really listen to -  came on a talk show I somehow was watching - only he wasn't alone. He was silent, and I assume that was to just support his oldest son, and in this dream, the son was a fictional person, not his real offspring. The young man had unusual-looking features, including his cheeks and ears, the latter of which were able to bend and spin around on their own. The ear wiggling led to the guy's entire head morphing into that of someone else, and by all appearances, it was as if he had meltedI did not look at him as he melted, or at whatever his appearance turned into next. I was looking at the pile of skin, ears and eyes that he had shed. They looked like clay bits from an animated show like Wallace and Gromit

----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----

I looked this up online, as usual, but also asked some questions of my Higher Self (my inner guide, what Oprah calls the "inner GPS") about this dream via Tarot and was told that I had involved Snoop Dogg because of his independent IDGAF attitude ( as evidenced by the Six of Wands Tarot card), and that the crazy melting happened to his son because, of course, a person can't control or do things for their child - that person is a separate entity, though generally speaking, one's child is someone they care a great deal about, and I think that having this fictional guy make a joke about his sexual orientation, making it clear, in my mind, that he was gay, is significant also, because that made him 'different' in a sense, [as I discussed in my post about the small town dream] so he represented a part of myself that I considered to be alternative or unique.



According to both my online research and my Higher Self, the melting itself was my subconscious creating a visual for the fact that I'm evolving away from the person I was and exploring new spiritual belief systems. I stared momentarily at the Hierophant card and thought, 'That makes perfect sense'.
When I inquired tonight about what my Higher Self would like me to take away from this, the response was the Two of Pentacles, and I'll quote Contemporary Tarot on YouTube for that meaning: "In a nutshell: This juggle of earthly stuff is endless, so get used to the dance."

I love that my subconscious is handling my spiritual journey this way. It's an entertaining visual to revisit a month later.