Friday, September 28, 2018

Grandpa and I touched for the first time in 11 years (AKA My First Class in Intuitive Development).

I went to an intuitive development class on Tuesday, September 25, a class held at a spiritual center that I learned about due to being guided there by spirit. 
Those two hours were a good experience, starting with the initial meditation, during which I battled nerves by vividly imagining myself in my grandparents’ backyard. When opening myself up energetically, I did my usual by mentally calling out to my higher self, my grandfather and my spirit guides, though this time I chose to picture myself in a safe place: on Grandma and Puppa’s back deck, sitting near my grandfather.




 I vividly pictured his styled white hair, a black and red plaid shirt tucked into slacks. He wore that look in a photo I remember admiring in the house he shared with Grandma. It's a picture from when he was given Clover, the black Cocker spaniel nut bag when she was actually too young to be taken from her mother. She fit into his palm. I clearly recall the sweet, excited expression on that tough old man's face.

My grandfather's life story is well described the way my dad, his son, words it, saying that he went from being a"hellion to being the rock of the family" in what sounds like a handful of dysfunctional, third generation-American Irish kids who were hard-headed, hard-partying, fist-fighting kids, and he went on to spend fifty-eight - I SAID 58 years - married to the ultimate archetype of a good girl, my grandmother, herself the granddaughter of an Irish immigrant, and Puppa became the kind of dad who led to the creation of the character Red on "That '70's Show", and later a fun, encouraging, soft grandparent I've adored since we first met.

I don't remember him holding hands with anyone. Anyone. Ever.
He passed away in '07 and I started communicating with him a handful of years ago when I had a job in the retail industry. I would ask a yes or no question and give it a day or three, looking for a penny that would signify a 'yes', and in perfect timing with my request, if the answer was yes, I would find a penny in an odd place, usually heads up. 

At that intuitive development class, I was simply picturing that back deck and him as a way of calming and trying to ground myself in order to focus on the exercises that were inevitably coming our way. Part of how I knew that I had relaxed and properly connected was that as I was picturing that deck and my grandfather in detail, suddenly, in an affectionate gesture that only kinda-sorta suited our relationship in life, he and I held hands for a moment and –
holy crap
I felt it – the texture of his 78-year-old man hand. Oh, and because my grandfather undoubtedly knows that I’m writing this essay:
 I APOLOGIZE, PUPPA, FOR CALLING YOU OLD…EVEN THOUGH YOU’RE PROBABLY AMUSED BY MY DESCRIPTION.
As I was saying, I clearly, vividly, undeniably had the sensation in my mind of my grandfather’s fingers! It was an amazing moment, albeit brief, but it made me smile and helped me relax for the rest of the class, allowing me to later have a moment where I got another solid understanding of how my intuition works, making information flow. Eventually, during one particular exercise, I sat with the instructor and gave her a reading for just a minute or two until I started overthinking it and fell out of sync. While in the flow, though, I told her what I felt certain of, relying on a knowingness that just has been a part of me for, I’m assuming, my entire life, and having the instructor say that I had “shifted” into receiving messages from spirit was so cool.
I’m learning and achieving and, according to another intuitive student at the center, it’s currently showing in my aura, because she described it as “bright yellow”!

Per eliteduty.com:

People with yellow auras are optimistic, enthusiastic and playful.
Bright yellow means you're currently experiencing a spiritual awakening. You have a playful spirit, and you're a naturally engaging person who has the courage of your convictions.



     I’m so happy to be progressing, and getting a new affectionate gesture from someone I love and admire (who is no longer physically around) really has warmed me. 
I hope you, too, will take the time and take a chance when you need a pick-me-up, letting a deceased loved one reach out and, in a way that doesn't scare you, show some love.