Tuesday, February 19, 2019

About This Dream I Had (Bridges, Balconies, DaVinci)



Themes of this dream from February 3rd include bridges (and believe me, they're very, very basic, not beautiful; they're lacking architecture, finesse) and balconies.




There were moments of specific detail that had me itching to research them, thinking, 'Where does this come from?'
After all, the dream involved flashes in my mind of multiple makeshift bridges connecting balconies to things. I remember that the balcony of Leonardo DaVinci's home (or, what my subconscious decided it looked like) appeared briefly and may have had a narrow bridge - like, the kind of narrow that might be intended for a circus performer or tightrope walker - and soon, I imagined an old news clipping about a woman whose first name I don't recall, surname DeAnnaïs married a man who specialized in pouring cement after he used the stuff to build something just for their relationship: a narrow, simple bridge between their towns. It started at her balcony and ended someplace I didn't see. I was too busy trying to picture them as a couple. 

Later, of course, I took time to try to analyze what message my subconscious may have been sending.

According to dreambible.com and Wikipedia:



Balcony
To dream of a balcony represents being objective about a situation, and having intellectual control. Noticing every single thing. You are aware, see things for what they are, and have a good understanding of what is happening around you.

Bridges represent a transitional period in your life. 

AnaïsAnaís or Anais, (French pronunciation: ​[a.naˈis]), is a female given name. It is widely thought to be a French Provençal and Catalanversion of Anna. Some suggest it is derived from Anahita, the name of the Persian goddess of fertility and healing.[1]
Since about 1980, the name Anaïs has been especially popular in France, perhaps due to the popularity of the Cacharel perfume "Anaïs Anaïs". There is no account of the name in France before the late eighteenth century, when it is traceable in Provence and Catalonia.

Concrete
To dream of concrete represents ideas, plans, or situations that are permanent. A solid foundation or absolutely knowing that something in your life can't fail. An area of your life where there is absolute certainty. Confidence in a situation or relationship that doesn't go away.

Negatively, concrete in a dream may reflect feelings of being stuck with something permanent. An area of your life is too solid or secure to do anything about. 


This dream seemed to be all about confidence in myself, which matches up with the reflecting I've bee doing about how much I've evolved in the last few years, as well as recently having to reorganize, downsize my amount of stuff and plan financially for some major changes that are coming up soon. That and I must kinda like the name Anaïs

The subconscious is interesting, isn't it? I like that it finds such creative ways of reflecting our concerns and excitement back at us. 

Dream interpretation based on information provided by Edgar Cayce (pronounced kay-see).

A bio. of Cayce himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment