Friday, March 1, 2019

About This Dream I Had (Co-Starring a Member of Green Day)

Yeah, you read that correctly. Green Day. That surprised me.
I mean...
Yummm.
I've been a fan of their music for a long time.

Anyway, as I crept toward waking on the morning of Tuesday, February 26th...



I had a vivid but brief dream of myself sitting in a stadium- or auditorium-style seat right next to a famous musician, but instead of uncomfortably freezing up with shyness as I think I would in real life, I was really comfortable, joking around with him. In the real world, it would've been flirtation, since I was, like, mocking a martial arts chopping motion against his arm or side, making him almost double over with laughter. 
He had his hair colored in the way I like best on him:


 And it seemed odd, at first, that one of the members of a good-looking band of which I'm a fan appeared in my dream without the provocation of my listening to their music recently or thinking of them, etc., but understanding quickly dawned on me. I contemplated my dream at each red light on my way to work that morning, and as soon as I was settled in at the office, I started taking notes, fleshing out the realization: Fictional Mike Dirnt visited me because I recently made the decision to be confident about the upcoming change in my life.

So Shauna, a longtime acquaintance of mine, is going through a very rough time and it affects some of the people who are currently around her the most. This rough time is a low swing in her depression, and she is choosing to keep that anxiety-inducing darkness in the drivers' seat of her life instead of fighting it. She's not taking care of herself, too consumed with self-pity and a lack of consideration for others. Until a week ago, she and I were often in the same room, and seeing a lot of each other meant that her depression was treating me unfairly, making forgiveness and tolerance difficult. It was a major learning experience, capped off by her decision to move out of our apartment. Our friendship needs a break, meaning radio silence for a while after she leaves. I look, today, at the dirty dishes she placed in the sink and the product-crusted small towel scrunched up in the corner of the tub that appears to be full of her hair. It all makes  me wonder what it's gonna be like when she's no longer around every day.
Speaking of contemplation, I've started to put more effort into righting the wrong of just judging her, holding grudges, repeating unpleasant thoughts in my head. Today, I'm including love for her in my daily meditations, doing what might sound cheesy but is really frickin effective: imagining sending her love, possibly repairing her heart chakra. Including this in meditation has had a big impact on my mood each day, probably contributing a great deal to the creation of my dream. It's important for the people I encounter day-to-day, for my loved ones and for myself that I not be as negative as I could be.

By the way, in case you were wondering, here's exactly what I picture when I send love to my friend: You could picture pink, white or green light flowing from yourself into the heart chakra of that other person (white light to represent protection provided by our/the Other Side's energy in general, pink simply for love, or green because that's the color of the heart chakra) and filling that space, though I tend to get cartoon-ish with my visual and send flocks of red hearts.


When it came to analyzing the dream, I thought of the time my subconscious climbed into a limo with Joy Behar and Sir Elton John, because of course my imagination chose a famous person - and a specific one - for a reason. Researching that celebrity-laden dream made me realize that in my mind, those two people have a trait or two in common that I admire, and on that note, I quickly figured out what got Mike Dirnt to sit next to me.
It's so simple. Focusing on him not as a human being but as an image, I think of Green Day and call to mind confidence and -


So at a time when I'm more confident, more woman, and ready to move forward, and I come upon a new benchmark in my life that stirs up some fear and stress in my belly, of course I would want to fight off the negativity by consuming comedy, meditating and dreaming up a scenario wherein I charmed a rock idol to the point that he was beside me, bent over in laughter. Of course I would.

See the source image

                         

                                  

No comments: