Saturday, May 18, 2019

Shadows (a Very Short Story)


     I could smell gasoline and feel a lot of post-rainstorm humidity. I was pretty sure that warm feeling in my shoe was my toe bleeding. Yuengling Black and Tan was gently, expertly easing down my throat 


                                            as I brought myself close to Vince’s unimposing but undeniable presence. His breath was hot on my neck, his aged band T-shirt slightly rough beneath my fingertips. My fingers traced down his arm, feeling the shape of the muscle, and I was suddenly tempted to drag my teeth a bit behind his ear, just to feel him squirm a little.
         Instead, I leaned against his chest and said very quietly, “When I take off this bra,” instructing, demanding. “Please don’t take an hour being touchy-feely. I look good but I don’t have all day.”
        Vince pulled away and blinked, clearly fighting a smile. “I can’t promise anything.”



----    ----    ----    ----   ----

written and edited in either 2009 or '10

No comments:

Post a Comment