Sunday, June 9, 2019

Extempore

A poem.

There are occasions when I am so sleepy, I should not be speaking to anyone. Y' know what I mean? I could try to comment or to make a joke and have it come out completely wrong. Maybe I'm short-tempered and bored.
Sometimes that leads to missteps.

----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----



I said the wrong thing
when I shouldn't have texted at all
An overtired brain can do that.

When we're again on speaking terms, I want to have a ready explanation
The implication that you are disposable is too much
The guilt already slid along my skin during a quiet moment at work.

Let there be another movie night, please
Your many opinions at my ear, warm bare chest at my back
Though for now, take what you deserve: sincerity, even if it's by phone.



----    ----    ----    ----
06.09.19

No comments:

Post a Comment