Sunday, November 13, 2016

Thoughts

1. I cannot think of anything to write for a joking article titled, "How to Prove to Coworkers That You Are, In Fact, Not a Cat". I haven't yet been able to turn out something like this.

2. Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I've watched the now-defunct show "Magic City" because of him. Love him. And I want Steven Strait. That said, the show, which unfortunately was cancelled in 2013, was just pretty good. It contains things I find compelling, but...it was sometimes as if I was drawn up to a front row seat and left...disappointed, shifting in my chair, reaching for my phone. To help alleviate my guilt about saying that, I have to mention that Danny Huston was awesome, playing a self-centered murderer for whom torture came as naturally and mundanely as blinking, with more screen time, and possibly more darkness, than the Axe Man he played on "American Horror Story". Also, Jessica Marais was both a survivor with an ugly past and a ridiculously attractive manipulator who broke a young man's heart. Elena Satine was magnetic as a self-respecting working woman and embodiment of female sexual empowerment, and Olga Kurylenko, played one of my favorites - a well-meaning, talented, bighearted stepmother in love with her husband. That said, yeah, I'm sorry, but it was mediocre.

3. Saw the movie Steel Magnolias for the first time recently and liked it more than I expected to. After all, it ends with the Easter Bunny riding on a motorcycle.


4. I joked on Wednesday the 9th about moving to Canada, but...no matter how the election had played out, I wasn't about to permanently leave my home country. I love it here, and considering how the electoral college voted, I want to help maintain some solidity while a narcissistic child tries to run the nation. I can't run away from my job and the lease on my home, and I most certainly don't want to run from my family, with whom I'm very entwined. The President of the United States is not a big enough position to scare me into fearing an orange person and either driving over the border or flying to somewhere in Europe. Screw that. I only need to survive four years of acidic Trump-Pence absurdity, and my mother claims that "we went through something similar with Reagan". Four years is not a very long time! I can step up my political awareness and make calls and send emails to try to protect things I believe in. I'm mature enough and passionate enough at this time of life to fight responsibly. Let's get through this!

5. I just watched Stephen Colbert's Late Show interview with Neil deGrasse Tyson about Welcome to the Universe and now I really look forward to reading it! Hopefully I'll get it for Christmas.

6. No matter what I said in #4, I need my passport renewed. No more putting it off.

7. The way I handle the mouse at my office job is killing my arm. My elbow and wrist are aching.

8. I very recently read The Player and the Pixie by Penny Reid, The Guy Next Door by Meggin Cabot, Taming the Beast by Emily Maguire, The Game Plan by Kristen Callihan and Once Upon a Wine by Beth Kendrick. My eyes need a day off. Or at least a handful of hours. I might not last a day without reading.

9. I have to try to finish writing another book review. The story is written entirely in emails, which is unique. After a little while, I got into it and hope you do too.

10. I might see if I can look at the supermoon tomorrow morning...although it is going to be at its fullest when I have to be at work.



I'll talk to you guys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment