Monday, June 26, 2017

About This Dream I Had (Play-Fighting)

I woke up this morning and tried to recall what I could of the dream I had in the wee hours before waking.

It was an eventful dream because I was in an active game, like a child, play-fighting in a store...possibly a grocery store. My opponent and I chased each other around in the aisles, and I last remember running into the back room and climbing atop shelving full of merchandise, sitting there, my opponent not far behind, ready to throw fake punches back and forth. It was nuts.

Part of why it was nuts...

was my sparring partner:



 I am not kidding. My thought process, when trying to remember what my opposition looked like...made me think he looked a bit like Wall-E, but no...not quite Wall-E...taller. And the bottom was different like...well, what was that movie from the 80's with the racist Indian character played by the white Fisher Stevens? Oh yeah!



If you needed any further evidence, I am clearly a ridiculous person.

As I have done each time I've tried to remember and record my dreams, I researched to try to find out what my subconscious may be saying, and on one particular website, dreambible.com, I found 

"To dream of fighting represents conflict and confrontation. Inner struggle with difficult emotions, with other people, or life situations. Resistance or trying to prove yourself...

Feeling that all your energy is required to achieve a goal. Heightened emotional state during an argument...Alternatively, fighting in a dream may reflect your attempt to cope with trauma or fight back against your problems. An unwillingness to put up with a problem anymore or accept poor treatment in some way. Standing up for yourself." 

and that having a robot in the dream could mean:

"To dream of a robot represents a mechanical, methodical and rigid thinking style. Automatic thinking or responses that are not thought out. Totally straight forward or emotionless decisions. Behavior that unemotionally doesn't explain itself."

With the major changes I'm undergoing right now mentally and spiritually, I'm reevaluating some relationships in my life that I've been unhappy with, trying to figure out how to set up new boundaries. I am going to keep these friends in my life for as long as I can. I don't see why we should part ways. Things just need to change. I cannot become the stronger, more driven, slightly better person I am supposed to be and spend a lot of time each week with these friends. I'm sincerely feeling guilty about this, but we're so different, it's a small doses situation. I know I'm flawed, so I imagine that maybe the added space will feel better to them, too, possibly without their noticing. 

Having that in mind, doesn't my dream about fighting a robot make more sense?



No comments:

Post a Comment