Friday, March 16, 2018

About This Dream I Had (Mansion)


   First, a mansion, and later, a man in women's clothing.
   This dream came to me months ago.


    So my parents lived in a big ol' mansion and I came over to visit, only to have my dad accuse me of drawing on some of his presentations for work which, by the way, were on big sheets of paper on easels like my first grade teacher had. One page in particular had a row of women drawn in a very simple way, with crude arms and legs, triangular dresses and surprisingly '60's Nancy Sinatra hair. Vandals -- teenagers, I assumed -- had drawn X's on those women in the vicinity of human breasts. They had attacked another part of the mansion, too, and here my father was, blaming me for all of it. 

     Later, a female stranger and I helped a man to try on all of the women's clothing in his closet, but we didn't want a big mess, so we established a rule wherein we would only take out three or four pieces of clothing at a time. 

     Now time for analysis!

To dream of a mansion represents your perspective on a situation where you are all-powerful, more resourceful than others, or experiencing better success than others. You may feel better, luckier, or more capable than other people in some way. You may have a sense of something wonderful or special happening in your life. A perspective on a situation where you feel it's impossible to be perceived by others as losing. 

A mansion may also reflect feelings about how exceptionally resourceful, creative, or powerful you are. Feeling that big achievements or adept skills are always easy for you. Feelings about being a leader, boss, or head of the family. 

Mansions in dreams may also reflect your feelings about people in your life that you feel are too powerful, too important, or resourceful to ever be forced to listen to you. Someone in your life that enjoys more power than you of which you can never stop. Possibly a reflection of your feelings about your boss. Feelings about someone in your life that never loses. 

     I'm still trying to figure this out. Whom does the mansion represent? Is it my father? He was in the dream in a way I'm more accustomed to seeing him in real life, so maybe he was both, but I doubt it. I also doubt that the mansion represents my mother. My parents listen to me, first of all, and they're not such powerful individuals that I see them as having too much power, though I'm not ready to rule that out. Maybe my subconscious is acknowledging that I'm trying to establish more independence in the face of some recent changes in and conversations with the family. 
If the mansion does not represent the parents, does it refer to my friend Sasha? If so, why is my dad there?
    Oh wait.
    Maybe the mansion does represent my friend, and the dream was my subconscious showing itself that I'm trying to stand up to both of them in a healthy, reasonable way. Dad is overprotective - one of those people who, even when his child is an adult, will figuratively still be trying to bundle them up 




to prepare them for the outside world, when in some ways with offpsring and in all ways with an adult, you have to take the attitude of Crush in Finding Nemo: "...Let's see what Squirt does flying solo...When they know, you'll know, you know?"

Sasha helps with that. She's a fiercely loyal,  very supportive bad-ass, and when we have discussions about deep stuff like her character and mine, our flaws, careers and ambitions, she isn't gonna soften her words, and that occasionally can rub me the wrong way, and I'll need to lick my wounds for a day or two before we talk about them again. 
Do you know what I mean? 
I bring that up because I've had two different psychics tell me that they foresaw me rising "like a phoenix from the ashes" and if that's gonna happen, then I assume Sasha is currently helping me to burn down the old Shannon and rise
I did mention, though, that she is brutally honest, and in dealing with a personality like hers and that of another alpha pal, I have to mix it up socially so as to not have my sensitive self burn out around such know-it-all types, because there's no good reason for me to damage awesome friendships. 
Gotta have a healthy dynamic.

    I need Sasha and Dad to have my back, but I need to treat their personalities as a challenge in a positive way, so that soon enough, I can move in where they live instead of house-hunting a town or two over.


    When I turned to the internet to find out more about why i had this dream, I came across...

To dream of vandalism represents feelings about suffering damage because someone else got angry. Damage from relationship drama or negativity. Damage from relationship problems. Stress caused from adolescents or teenagers. Feelings about people not liking you causing problems. 

    This had me wondering who was doing the damage. Probably me. That was the only answer that made sense. Or does the vandalism in a home represent my ego's response to not liking the advice (or simply the I've received the advice) from Sasha, my father, and whomever else...?

    In regards to the man I helped in the dream's next scene, he doesn't exist in my real life, and I found the following online: --


To see men in a dream represents aspects of yourself or areas of your life that are assertive, aggressive, rational, practical, or insensitive.
To dream of clothing represents the personality. Consider the style, value, and color of the clothing for additional meaning.
To dream of being well dressed may represent feeling good about yourself. Feeling attractive, smart, or like a winner in a waking life situation. Enjoying a life role. 

To dream of changing clothing represents a change of attitude, behavior, interest, or focus. Changing how you act or feel. Approaching a situation differently or choosing to change.
     Maybe my subconscious was addressing the changes I'm determined to undergo and played it back as a man getting my help with picking out and changing his feminine clothing. The moment felt so natural, too, as if I was aiding this man in being himself, and if that represents me, that's lovely, because I want my subconscious to keep up on this journey to change my thoughts, my attitude and my role in the world. I don't want this journey to somehow be too overwhelming. An important process works in steps for good reasons. 

Just had to put those musings out into the world. Thanks for reading.