Wednesday, March 28, 2018

About This Dream I Had (Small Town)


So I was in a small town that reminded me of the ones in movies about the Old West. At one point, I put my current favorite belt on a man's pet as it roamed town. I believed that would help the animal, and, of course, I now can't remember how. 

The man watched and chatted with me as I did it then gave the belt back. I would see a young man around whom I told myself was gay. He had very dark, short hair and wore screened T-shirts neatly tucked into his jeans. Also, I drove a car over train tracks at the last possible minute and beat myself up about it.

------------------------------------------
To dream of a belt represents support or help. How a person or situation is being secured, insured, or held up. It may reflect how you or someone else is helping or "carrying" another person. The color of the belt can indicate intentions.
To dream of a pet represents some aspect of yourself that has to be maintained or cared for. A person or situation that you feel responsible for or that you feel good caring for. A pet may also reflect good cause that you are managing. 
------------------------------------------

I assume this referred to my decision to actively develop my relationship with animals, which is very true. I am determined to interact more intuitively with the creatures I'm around the most after humans, dogs and cats. In the dream, I wanted to manage or care for an animal and used my favorite belt to do it. 


------------------------------------------
To dream of gay people represents aspects of your personality that notices it's not as normal as everyone else all the time. Issues with caring about acceptability. You or someone else that feels good doing something feel to be wrong, odd, or not acceptable to others. Issues with moral acceptability with other people. Issues with being noticed behaving in unconventional or taboo ways. 
Positively, gay people in a dream may represent a comfortable attitude towards exploration of the taboo or not caring what other people think about something you are doing that is viewed by others as different. No concerns for what other people believe is acceptable or not. 

To dream of a train track symbolizes a journey in life or long term goal that requires commitment. Something that requires you to "stay on track" for a long period of time.
------------------------------------------

This is probably about my spiritual exploration, because there are so many people with whom I do not and should not discuss the thoughts and experiences I've been having. It's a personal journey, and of course, as Christine Pavlina has said, "This world is cruel and harsh" (though she said that in the context of providing another perspective on the importance a romantic partnership plays in one's life). I have to, in a couple of ways, be other and be comfortable with that. I wear things that can make me stand out. My hair is often multiple crazy colors at once. I'm left-handed. I've been referred to as weird. All of that helped prepare me for the varied reactions I would get for caring a great deal about the environment and for pursuing a new lifestyle with a less-than-socially-ubiquitous spiritual practice. 
It takes some confidence.
It takes some rebellion.
And I say, 'Bring it'.