Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Potential Insignificant Others and Possible Consequences

          Uh, so in today's post: my love life, intuitive connection and some self-improvement chatter.
Note: The Tarot results surprised me!



          There's a guy I've been talking to whom I met through a mutual friend. Let's call him Nick. He seems like a decent person with a lot in his future and duh, he is handsome.
           Technically, our friend is closer to me in a die hard #TeamShannon, you'll-never-be-rid-of-me way, so she prepped me for my first meet-up with her bearded pal using a little info. The information is biased, of course, but helpful: Nick is in his mid-30's, twice divorced, and, according to our friend, "depressed", feeling sorry for himself about his singledom. I can empathize with his attitude but not sym-pathize because I don't think I've ever seen my single status as a burden (not consciously, anyway), but also because of the point I'm at in my life right now.
           I have a goal for October: to work on my issues, to reduce them. Another friend of mine described it as making my baggage smaller. 😄
           If it's appropriate, I'd like to discuss that with this guy in just enough detail to give each other a heads-up about what wounds/scars we know we have and self-soothe with a reminder that we shouldn't be so mean to ourselves, making comparisons with his two younger siblings, since they're contentedly married, and I've heard people talk about their love life experiences and thought either that I was better off and/or not pretending enough for having not had anything similar. This man and I are acting as our own bullies, which of course creates more negativity and loneliness and more road blocks.

           The first time I met him was at a small party. It wasn't great. His brother and sister-in-law called him out on his behavior right then and and there because to whatever degree, he's got anxiety that contributed to his trying too hard. I didn't mention that I can kinda relate, since unfortunately,  I get Nervous. As I said earlier, Nick seemed decent and was obviously very intelligent, which I appreciated. I hung out with the little group for a while that night but felt nothing, didn't hint at anything and give him hope.
He is handsome, though...and seems like he might be thoughtful...
           I've been told too many times by others and by myself that I don't make enough poor choices date enough...
And loneliness can be a strong motivator...
           This train of thought is obviously headed in a good direction, right?


A couple of days ago, I got curious about a scenario involving my living situation and got out my Tarot cards. I'm still such a rookie with my intuitive abilities that I'm still heavily reliant on the Tarot, and there I was, asking certain questions, probably expecting a certain type of response, when twice in a row I got The Lovers. Nick currently lives in a house that's split into apartments. If another place opens up in the same house, I could live there at a lower rent than I'm paying now and HAVE A PET! My current place won't allow animals and a while ago I reached a point where living pet-free has left a void. Then again, space is likely to open up from what I hear and if I live in that house, what happens to my interactions with this guy?

           The Lovers. 

          According to my Higher Self, who knows me very. Very. Well.
          Ugh.
          So here I thought he was handsome but meh, just a friend of a friend, and it turns out that potential has been there all along for something more to happen, albeit temporarily. I say temporarily because I know intuitively that this one isn't gonna be Baby Daddy. Additionally,  I did a Tarot reading in either late August or early September, using a version of the "horoscope reading" as it's called, laying down one card for each month for a year, and when I use those, I tend to choose a topic, like work, finances, love life, etc., though a horoscope reading has been effective without a theme when I asked about life in general for a loved one.
Also, if you didn't already know, I've learned from multiple sources, including James Van Praagh, John Edwards and Christine Pavlina, that our Higher Selves and spirit guides can keep some information from us if it would quite negatively affect our decisions/self-confidence/growth. I like surprises and don't remember ever really desiring to know when I'd come across my romantic soulmate ('cause of course, we can have non-romantic soulmates), but if I had, I don't expect that I would've gotten an answer. It may would not have been a good time for details, let alone hints.
           One night in early autumn 2019, I did a reading and found out that I'm likely to meet Baby Daddy this coming year, which I am so excited about. If when I meet him, I'm seeing someone else, I won't feel good about my situation,  but it will be worse if my ex and I live in the same building and I have to admit to my new man that I used to makeout with the person living right nearby...someone we would pass sometimes when walking across the backyard...until either the end of Nick's lease or mine...that would be too uncomfortable for my liking.
           Nah, man. Won't live like that.

           So if I make-out with that friend of a friend for a few months, I'll be sensitive but honest about my intentions...and I'll live a drive away.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---

           So on Saturday night, Nick made the mistake of doing some drunken texting, leaving evidence on our mutual pal's phone of what I suspect was self-pity, saying that he had been friend-zoned,which is a term that she, our buddy, understandably hates because of its implication that the only reason for the guy's place in her life is because he's been working and waiting to get sex from her, for all of their conversations to have carried an ulterior motive.      
She's hoping to talk with him soon and sort this out. 
           It needs to be noted that what he said in those texts sent one message clearly: he was reminding himself of his loneliness. Ugh. I see him now the way I did before the Tarot reading. I don't think I wanna tolerate that much self-indulgent negativity. Nick doesn't realize how powerful of an energetic force he is. Even I don't yet understand manifestation, the Law of Attraction and how much we create our own circumstances. I assume that, like myself, he wasn't raised with any knowledge about that stuff. I'd like him to turn things around and here's hoping that I can respectfully help with that.