Wednesday, May 16, 2018

About This Dream I Had (Ice Cream)

In February of this year, I had the following dreams:
Using topping guns in an ice cream shop and later watching Matthew Perry entertain in costume.



I was in an ice cream shop with an unidentifiable friend with the intention of making my own dessert for the day.
Behind the counter was a specific barista I like at the coffee shop near my house when I appeared/Apparated there. She showed me how to shoot the topping guns this place used, and I shot whipped cream onto something. What surprised me was that the barista trusted me, leaving it in my hands but took hold of another gun and squirted chocolate syrup into my mouth. I remember immediately shaking my head and repeatedly mouthing, 'No' as we turned away from each other.
According to the website I visited:
-----------------------------------------------
To dream of ice cream represents comforting yourself or habits you have to cheer up from bad situation. Something you are doing to make yourself feel better about something negative that has happened to you. How you choose to comfort yourself during a difficult situation or disappointment. How you emotionally deal with something permanent and unpleasant. 

To dream of chocolate represents self-reward and treating yourself. 

-----------------------------------------------
Okay. That chocolate part I don't feel applies. I think that happened because chocolate is a preferred ice cream flavor for me.

Anyway, what comes to mind after reading that dream interpretation is the fact the job frustration to which I've referred on this blog before, and it takes time to figure out what steps to take to fix whatever is wrong, you know? I didn't want to just look for literally any other job of equal pay per hour, 'cause, um...no. I need to rule out certain options for the sake of my sanity [and therefor my job performance]. There's no way that I'd be interested in making crappy burritos at a fast food joint, even though in some cases, a person could make at least $14/hr doing that, and I learned a while back that I'm just not a fit for a call center. I've needed to get opinions from some of my living loved ones as well as the spirits who guide me. I just have been struggling to figure out what field to go into. 
My dream was probably the result of my subconscious reflecting my desire to comfort myself in the midst of this confusing transition. Trying not to make the same mistakes again but to learn and move forward is not easy, and not beating yourself up in the process is an important part of that.
I have finally been taking steps to develop my career without putting money first, and to do the necessary job of revamping the old Shannon and starting anew. It's difficult and confusing, but so worthwhile. Please bear with me.


Thames Painting: The Estuary by Michael Andrews



------------------------------------------------
On February 25th, I woke up and immediately scribbled down...
"Was hanging out with a fictional group of friends at a party in Matthew Perry's house. He and I got along well. He would actually go into elaborate costume changes and make his way around the party. I couldn't remember his name and kept calling him John. A party-goer [who knew him] called me out on it, and I admitted to not only doing it but feeling guilty."
------------------------------------------------

As I've discussed before, my research on dream interpretation has turned up the concept that the presence of a celebrity in a dream is explained when you think about that person represents to you. I assume that I chose Matthew Perry because I've thought, ever since 'Friends', that he has a sharp delivery; the facial expressions, the cadence - they're deadpan and biting, which I really like and admire. Never have I had the juggernaut of 'Friends' on a pedestal, okay? I didn't have a favorite lead Friend and don't have a glowing nostalgia for Chandler, Perry's character on the show. I'm assuming that he starred in my dream for that reason. 
Also, a matter of days before this dream, there was a death in my life - the death of someone named John - which probably supplied the name. 

------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment