Sunday, May 10, 2020

About This Dream I Had (Garofalo)

Soon after waking, I texted a friend with what I remembered:

 While on vacation, Janeane Garofalo and I had poor comedic taste.
This dream occurred on Friday, August 2, 2019 and I misplaced my notes about it until recently.
I apologize.


           In my dream this morning, I took someone up on their offer for me to stay at their cabin upstate for a bit, and while up there, I joked around with my friend Janeane Garofalo and her boyfriend, of whom I've never seen a photo and whom I've never met, so of course my imagination went for it: Janeane was winding down for sleep, lying in bed beside her big, burly, bearded boyfriend while I sat on the floor close to whatever entertainment system or TV was on a stand against the opposite wall. We talked about Janeane and me giving a speech at my upcoming wedding. We were amused at the idea of possibly starting it off as if it was a school project, saying something like, "I chose the North American Grey Squirrel..."
----    ----     -----     -----
         The bedroom setting could refer to personal thoughts, stuff one might be embarrassed about. Often, the subconscious creates a bedroom to reference sexual or relationship issues.
I wondered if the talk about a wedding might matter, so that was researched too: "To dream of a wedding represents unification with some aspect of yourself. The joining or merging of qualities. It may also reflect an experience in your life where you noticing something becoming permanent. Often a symbol for new habits or situations that are becoming common place in your life. A wedding may also represent a catalyst event that motivates you to do something all the time. Sometimes can reflection a transforming event."

Obviously, Dream Bible is not big on proper spelling or grammar, but they have been the best resource for me thus far in researching dreams. The only way I've checked out the dream dictionary of one Edgar Cayce has been online and that collection is disappointingly incomplete. 

Anyway, as we've discussed previously, when a celebrity pops up in a dream, one should reflect on their opinion of that public figure. If I played word association with the thought of Janeane Garofalo, I would, in no particular order, come up with the following:
strong, funny, articulate. I like some of her tattoos. I also would think of the fact that if Garofalo wore any label in regards to her sexual orientation, it would be not hetero but asexual. I appreciate her public honesty about that and the fact that she's able to presumably be involved with the right partner for that orientation. 
Also, there are many people, including myself, who've gotten a cool vibe from Janeane Garofalo. Part of it has to be her authenticity, which is something to admire. 


She did a stint of "Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce"


          I don't expect that, in real life, she would adopt the flat sense of humor to hear me start a speech as if I were a young'n giving a presentation in middle school, saying, "I chose the North American Grey Squirrel..." and choose to find that amusing. I know it's not! What was my subconscious trying to say?!

I wonder if maybe my subconscious was reflecting my brain's attempt to merge certain things like my writing and humor or...my writing and authenticity...? To enrich my work. Nothing about the dream seemed to focus on my social/love life or money or finances or stress in general, but instead on the spout for my inner life.
I'm gonna think that over some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment