Sunday, October 4, 2026

A Little Numerology to Assist in the Job Hunting?

     

           This is for anybody who is just a little curious about numerology, but more than that, someone is seeking to get answers and ideas in different ways. Maybe you, like me, would like to learn more about a couple of specific things, using the tool of numerology in the hope that it will make you see more clearly, and help facilitate a major shift in an aspect of your life. 

            I'm so enthusiastic and curious about what's next, and I handle that differently now. This is the most exploratory phase of my adult life. I couldn't afford to once again push too hard to get answers to my questions in one particular way, as that is so rigid that it keeps you from the answers and makes you frustrated and dramatic and grumpy. When I was unknowingly functioning that way, I was arguing more with my mother, pulling away from a close friend, etc., so, determined as I am to never be that person again, I've been changing routines, changing neural pathways, seeking to get to know myself better. This includes having a Human Design chat done, which I’ll touch on later.

            I wrote this essay just in case some of you have been as curious as I have about what jobs to apply for and what shift of career would best suit you. Recently, I got advice from the Other Side about what jobs to apply for, and the session I had about that reminded me of what I found in Numerology. If you’re not already aware, using this ‘ology involves some basic math, easy math, so you could get a pen and paper ready! 

         To get started with using this system yourself, although I am a rookie, I recommend looking into the Life Path number. Add up the digits of your birth month and make sure to keep going until you’ve gotten to a single digit, leave the number there for a moment, then do the same with the birth date, followed by year. From there, add up all of those, proceeding to reduce that to a singleton. Having the Life Path number figured out is important. About Life Path 1’s, an article on mindbodygreen said,

“Career-wise, these folks are suited for careers where they can work on their own (or at least be in charge), such as an independent contractor, a business owner, or a life coach, according to Buchanan.”

           In the same article, Kaitlyn Kaerhart said generally about Life Path 1's, ""Self-doubt will be their biggest struggle to overcome. They must embrace their unique nature and learn to trust themselves," she adds.

             Digging into this, even if you don't go far, helps you get to know more about yourself. I'm hoping that when you've reached a questioning place in your life, possibly one with major shifts like mine, that if you need some suggestions regarding where to apply for a job, that you could get inspiration from looking into these numbers! 

Your Personal Year Number reveals the overarching theme, energy, and lessons that will define your next twelve months.

            Your Personal Year number tells you what kind of energy is already surrounding you, and that changes how every decision lands.

After looking into the topic of what to do for a living as much as I could in this realm, I’d like you to know that I'm still adjusting to what came up, and when I say ‘adjusting’, I mean…I’m excited! And I mean that these notes challenge beliefs I developed in childhood that have been wrong. Keeping in mind the potential you have that you know about, and the potential you don’t, take a look at my career notes:

 

               The Leader/the Pioneer                                                                                  Avoid

- start-ups, founder roles                                                                     - entry-level positions

- consulting, independent business owner                                      - roles with no independence

- positions of authority                                                                         - support-only positions

 

            

           This helps explain my desire to have a blog, sharing my experiences and findings with you, being unflinchingly vulnerable.

            If you’d like to figure out your Personal Year number, add together your birth month, date and year plus the current year. Then reduce the answer to a single digit. Like, if you got a 15 from all of that addition, 1+5=6. See what I mean? A Personal Year number for me in 2026 is 3, which is indicative of expression both creative and social. I no longer have whatever dry spell or blockage in the way of my writing. The flow is back. As far as social expression is concerned, I imagine that my posts here count, but also, Numerology and multiple Cancer Sun horoscope readings from Antphrodite have suggested that I get out more after months of majority-isolation. It’s important that I be adaptable as well as creative at this time, as it benefits at least one new career, new relationships and a new lifestyle in the place I call home, my next place of residence.

 

            Lauren Conrad is quoted as having a fantastic answer in an interview when she was asked, regarding sex, “What’s your favorite position?”, and her response was, “CEO”. I love that! You should know, though, that past me (first of all, RIP old Shannon! I love you!) believed that I wasn’t cut out for/wasn’t the type for/would be far too overwhelmed by the position of independent business owner. That previous self really thought that most likely, the only position of authority I’d ever hold would be mother. Man, was that wrong. In my job history, you could find a lot of entry-level, support-only positions, and though many or all of those years presumably weren’t a Personal Year 3, my body remembers well just how stressed I was. As far as I can remember, pretty much every day of my 20’s included hours of my shoulders and upper back being tense. I went to college, I was in retail, and later, mortgage processing. After a while, I tried receptionist work, and I’m still not sure if maybe I could have been a good receptionist

a)     A) Somewhere else

b)     B) With a different supervisor

C)   C)  With at least as much self-confidence as I have now

 

            I’m assuming that I won’t find out the answer, but I’ve been informed by my spirit team that I will become self-employed as an author, which I had imagined and desired as a middle and high schooler, but also as an intuitive counselor! The latter career will come about later, though, I assure you. When I start that business, it will be after a lot more development of skills and personal growth, and of course a certification. BTW, for those who don’t know, an intuitive counselor is not someone who serves up unsafe information, trying to masquerade as any kind of expert in psychology. Okay? With a legitimate professional in that field and with me, personally, there would be no such snake oil. Just to be clear.

 

            Just in case you may find it helpful, you could look into the Challenge number. I'm reassured by reading about my First and Second Challenge numbers when my mind considers doubting the career paths that I'm focusing on now. After all, clues have been there all along, and my spirit team have told me about these paths. Per worldnumerology.com, Challenge number 3,

         At the bottom of this numerology challenge is an effort to bring out your true self. You will learn to truly value your own creative talents above anyone else's judgments. This must be viewed as a process of individuation, in which you become a whole human being, independent and free of the need to conform to others.

  These aren't suggestions from a friend or relative who doesn't know me well. This is stuff that I decided on before incarnating, and my leading that life will feel good and help a lot of people. Even if the concept of setting expectations (I say that 'cause 'planning' is not the most accurate term for it) for aspects of your incarnation doesn't sit well with you, feel free to ignore that and focus on the fact that pursuing the field that is the best fit for you allows you to feel so much better about how and where you spend a great deal of your time each week, each year, and it will have you contributing to making the world a better place. 

 

           I have an easier time with Numerology, but I've got another suggestion. To provide an example, one of the notable things in my Human Design chart was the following:

 

Gate 39 — Provocation

☉ Personality Sun — 39.5 — Line 5, the Heretic

Human DesignI ChingGene Keys

Provocative pressure that awakens spirit

The gate of provocation — the root pressure that provokes emotional spirit in others. This energy tests and prods to find what is truly worth feeling passionate about. It provokes spirit through pressure.

Line 5 · The one expected to stir things

People look to you to name what's stagnant and shake everyone awake, and that role can cast you as their catalyst or their scapegoat. When your provocation frees something stuck, you're the necessary spark; when it lands wrong, the same crowd blames you for the disruption. Choose your moments with care.

Harmonic gate: Gate 55 (open — you meet this energy in others)

 

            If you want even more insight into your strengths and the things you should focus on right now, maybe reading your Human Design chart will help. I've enjoyed exploring what I find in these systems, and hope that you do, too! 

 

A Little Numerology to Assist in the Job Hunting?

                 This is for anybody who is just a little curious about numerology, but more than that, someone is seeking to get answers ...